August 17, 2016
Dear Meadow Heights Families,
We’re looking forward to another amazing school year full of community events and enriching educational opportunities for every student! We hope this year, like last, we see a large band of talented volunteers join together to make their children’s experience extraordinary.
As many of you know, and those new to the school will soon discover, we have a very close-knit, supportive and warm group of parents, teachers, and administrators. This year’s theme “It Takes a Village” is fitting for our community – and we hope you become a member of the PTA, volunteer as time permits, and do you what you can financially to support our programs and efforts.
We have completed our projected PTA budget for the 2016-17 school year and are asking for your help. We are asking for $500 per student in order to continue to support the educational, enrichment, and social programs funded by the PTA, including:
- Classroom Music – to fund Myriad Music, the program that promotes the ability to read and practice music using voice and instruments
- Classroom Art – to provide the Art in Action program and purchase various artistic mediums and support the hands-on curriculum that teaches art history, art appreciation and art techniques
- Technology Support – to fund tech staff, the computer lab, provide chromebooks, tablets, and software to supplement teaching core skills with digital learning games and exercises for math, reading, science, social studies, typing and more
- Library Growth – to provide library staff and increase the collection of leveled reading materials available in the library tailored to the unique reading needs of each student
- Classroom Supplies and Programs – to outfit each classroom with learning materials for project- based activities and classroom books and support the PeaceMakers program
- Field Trips & Assemblies – to help fund educational field trips and assembly speakers
- Community Events – to provide resources for programs that bring our community closer together
To bring our “village” even closer together, we are using a new software program to manage our school directory, memberships and more. Learn more in the back-to-school packet, which includes the first ever Back-to-School PTA One-Stop Form – for many start-of-school tasks, including your direct donation.
Although our suggested donation is $500 per student, donations of any amount are deeply appreciated. Please show your support by contributing to the Meadow Heights PTA today. All gifts are tax deductible.
- Donate online with a credit card at https://meadowheights.digitalpto.com/donate
- Donate with cash or check (payable to “Meadow Heights PTA”) by returning the Direct Donation form and payment to the PTA box inside the school office
- If your employer has a matching gift program, please consider the Meadow Heights PTA.
The PTA can accomplish great things together this year with your help and support. You’ll also have a lot of fun along the way too! Meet old friends and make new ones at our upcoming…
- Ice Cream Social at 5:30pm on August 26 at Beresford Park Welcome our T-K and Kindergarten families and celebrate the start of the school year (and the new playground!)
- First PTA meeting of the year on September 8 at 6:00pm in the LGI. We look forward to seeing you! Complimentary Dinner and childcare for Meadow Heights students will be provided.